If you are immersed in 3D design or have a 3D printer, you will surely be interested in how you could convert JPG image files to STL files, with which to work with some well known applications in the world of 3D printing and modeling.
In addition, in this tutorial you will learn that this conversion can be carried out in a very simple way no need to install programs. This is a clear advantage, not only for its simplicity, but also because it will allow you to do it from any device that has a web browser ...
What is a JPG file?
JPG or JPEG stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group, that is, the name of a standard for encoding still images under the broader ISO group. The first norm of this standard would be issued in 1992 by the ISO (International Organization for Standardization).
This type of encoding has files with .jpg or .jpeg extension that identifies them. And they are one of the preferred formats for use on the web, because they are light, and also for many other applications.
What is an STL file?
Instead, the file format STL, with a .stl extension, is a standard data stream type created by the rapid prototyping industry. This is the format to use to interact with Quickparts, and it approximates the surface of a solid model with triangles.
Therefore, it is a widely used format in the modeling and design of 3D figures, and also to create the models that will then be sent to print to 3D printers.
Convert JPG to STL online
Well if you want go from a file format in which you have a JPG image to an STL, to work with it with the respective programs to create your 3D pieces and print them with volume on your 3D printer, then you can do it online by following these steps:
- Enter this website.
- Press the CHOOSE FILE button.
- Select the JPG file from your local system.
- Now STL must have been selected by default, or you can change yourself if you want to choose a different format than the one to pass, such as SVG, RTF, ...
- Hit the Convert button.
- Wait for the conversion to complete. And press DOWNLOAD .STL when it appears.
- A pop-up window appears in which you must click Save file.
- And voila, you will have your STL downloaded with the name "AnyConv.com__stl.stl".